Welcome to my online classroom for the EHS Orchestra!
It is my pleasure to have you in the EHS Orchestra Program. The Goddard school district offers string instruction from 5th grade through 12th grade. The program is a continuous one, and I am glad to see every one of you performing in the high school orchestra. At this point, you and your family have invested a lot of time and energy into playing your instrument. Great job! The high school orchestra program will continue to challenge you and help you develop additional playing techniques and skills.
I encourage each one of you to find time to practice daily the music we will be working on for concerts and competitions. I will be challenging all of you to move outside your comfort zone and participate in solos and small ensembles. This can be an exciting and rewards ng experience. We will work hard, but we will also have a lot of fun.
As questions or problems arise, please contact me at the email address or phone number below. Also, please take a moment to check the calendar and Orchestra Handbook for upcoming events or important information. I hope that your experience with the orchestra is a successful one.
Ms. Lawson, Director of Orchestras and NBCT
Eisenhower High School
Year at a Glance
- August 12-5:15pm-7:15pm Open House
- August 14- First Day of Class - Bring: Essential Techniques for Strings (Gerald Anderson)
- August 26-Instrumental Music Display Night @ Discovery, 4:00-7:00pm
- August 28 - 6:30pm Instrumental Music Boosters Meeting
- September 27 - 6:30pm Instrumental Music Boosters Meeting
- October 22- EMS/EHS Fall Concert @ EHS 7pm
- October 30- 6:30pm Instrumenal Music Boosters Meeting
- November 3 - KMEA District Auditions in Andover - all students encouraged to try out
- November 27 - 6:30pm Instrumental Music Boosters Meeting
- December 1 - KMEA District Orchestra @ East High School
- December 6- EHS Orchestra/Band Concert 7pm
- January 5 - KMEA State Auditions in Salina - You MUST have participated in District Orchestra in order to be eligible for try outs!
- January 29- 6:30pm Instrumental Music Boosters Meeting
- February 26 - 6:30pm Instrumental Music Boosters Meeting
- March 21- Pre-Festival Orchestra/Band Concert @ EHS; 7pm
- March/April Spring Trip TBA
- April 2- Wichita State Invitational @ WSU
- April 6 - KMEA Orchestra Regional Solo/Small Ensemble @ Eisenhower HIgh School
- April 17 - KSHAA State Band & Orchesetra Large Ensemble Festival @ Wichita H.S. East
- April 27 - KSHAA State Solo/Ensemble Festival @ Emporia High School
- April 30 - 6:30pm Instrumental Music Boosters Meeting
- May 9 - EHS Spring Concert & Awards Ceremony @ EHS Auditorium, 7:00 pm